Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Horniest board member?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Super Moderator
    Horniest board member?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Horniest board member?

    Quote Originally Posted by cholt View Post
    One good lawyer..........................

    Curt

    Your Hired !!!! By the way Curt do you have any children ? Do you need one ? :waver:

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Horniest board member?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Horniest board member?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Not what you think, get your mind out of the gutter.



    8 ea 511B's
    2 ea 811's

    3 cast aluminum 32b

    4 multicells. Somewhere still is a pair of 311-90 I haven't found since the move.

    Plus I have the horns in my 604's and a pair in Valencias.

    Haven't got to counting LF horns yet.

    Anybody else a packrat?:2thumbsup:
    After opening another gaylord, add 8 Community PC494, 6 more duplexes of the cheapie conical horn variety, one Big Mama 500hz Renkus Heinz

    36 horns so far, not counting LF

    Maybe the redhead is right about me being hard to live with.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Horniest board member?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    After opening another gaylord, add 8 Community PC494, 6 more duplexes of the cheapie conical horn variety, one Big Mama 500hz Renkus Heinz

    36 horns so far, not counting LF

    Maybe the redhead is right about me being hard to live with.
    I didn't realize we were counting non-Altec horns too...... I could add a few more, then.

    ....... going back to edit.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Horniest board member?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Horniest board member?

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    I didn't realize we were counting non-Altec horns too...... I could add a few more, then.

    ....... going back to edit.

    Hey it's all in fun I hope...that's how I meant it.

    Hate to get too serious about making up rules....how about as long as the horn could be used with an Altec driver?

    I don't think we need more rules than that? Whatever the majority feels?
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Horniest board member?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    ....how about as long as the horn could be used with an Altec driver?..........
    To borrow a funny concept from a post on AK...... you could substitute sardines for bananas while making banana bread....... you be the judge on if it works or not :laffingassoff:

    I edited my list....... still not as many horns as many other in the thread. That doesn't bother me, so much as not using the horns I do have. I tend to collect bits and pieces of several things, and never get all the pieces of one thing.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Horniest board member?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Horniest board member?

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    To borrow a funny concept from a post on AK...... you could substitute sardines for bananas while making banana bread....... you be the judge on if it works or not :laffingassoff:
    Actually have used Altec drivers on many other horns. The large ones work especially well.

    Can be iffy sometimes with the small format.

    At some point I wanted to get 299's for the Community horns. Nice combo.

    Not as good as 311's but for a small portable system, nowhere as big.

    The old "you pays yer money and"

    I'm working on some hillbilly engineering for the 617/619

    http://www.zenn.com.sg/Marketplace%2.../617-8A_NB.JPG

    The LF section is true Altec, but the HF is a University T50 from like 1956. Cheap and phenolic, not a good combo.

    OTOH it looks like an easy job to adapt a BMS to the nice Altec conical horn...which would turn Altec's ugly ducking into a swan....

    Film at eleven. Actually more like end of May.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Horniest board member?

    Well, I'd have to enter this contest with people other than you guys if I wanted to win. Quite the collection you all have. Maybe I'll have to save my pennies.

    HF:
    Pair 811B
    Pair 511B
    Pair 1803B

    LF:
    Pair 825
    Pair 210

    And about a dozen other sets of HF horns but I don't think they count on an Altec forum.
    Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
    [url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
    [url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]

  8. #8
    HB Super Moderator
    Horniest board member?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Horniest board member?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Hey it's all in fun I hope...that's how I meant it.

    Hate to get too serious about making up rules....how about as long as the horn could be used with an Altec driver?

    I don't think we need more rules than that? Whatever the majority feels?

    It is interesting to see how many Horns we all have.Altec produced boatloads of horns,drivers,etc.And it is real nice to see that alot of it is surviving.Hopefully for a very longtime to come.For the next generation to be able to experiance top-notch audio equipment that we were fortunate to have. :2thumbsup: :flagwaver:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.